Tuesday, January 17, 2006

AMA Marketing on a Shoestring

Marketing on a Shoestring...a subject near and dear to my heart. Why?

(1) I wear multiple hats in my current position, that of Sales and Marketing and
(2) I work for a not-for-profit where, despite commercial successes, marketing cannot be too glitzy for the sake of the donor development side of the organization and
(3) Every penny counts no matter where I work.

I attended the AMA Central Virginia Chapter's program tonight on this subject. Good attendance. Good presenters.

Although, I would challenge the marketers of Central Virginia to move into more out-of-the-box directions than traditional medium (i.e. TV, radio, newspaper), especially where shoestring budgets are concerned.

And, move into the world of blogging and podcasting, for instance, where developing word-of-mouth followings cannot be measured in normal metrics, where customer and brand loyalty can become unfathomable.

The Chapter President took a bold step in videotaping the program in the hopes of developing a podcast. And, I say "three cheers" for superior out-of-the-box thinking on his part!


As an AMA Member, you can search the AMA Website for lots of information and articles on Blogging. AMA is a little behind the iCurve with podcasting, though. I've learned everything I know about podcasting (a guilty pleasure) from Apple and iTunes.


And, check out my favorite business blogger at http://www.debbieweil.com/ whom I know through DMAW. Be sure to download your RSS Reader (if you haven't already) and subscribe to her blog as well as my AMA Chapter's blog http://cville-ama.blogspot.com .

Downloading an RSS Reader and subscribing to my blog is as easy as seeing the links in the Right-Hand column. Happy Blogging!

No comments: