Sunday, June 03, 2007

The Thomas Jefferson Hour


(L to R) Clay Jenkinson as Thomas Jefferson, Clay Jenkinson as himself

Bert and I attended an appearance by Clay Jenkinson, noted humanities scholar, in his Thomas Jefferson persona. Clay is the voice behind The Thomas Jefferson Hour which can be heard on 89.5 WHRV Norfolk, VA Tuesdays at 1:00 PM or via podcast, my favorite way!

Clay appeared at the Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts on Saturday, June 2nd at a benefit for the Center for Hope and New Beginnings & Western Tidewater Free Clinic.

I was so moved by the performance and "Jefferson's" view of the decline of American ideals, i.e. celebrity worship, that I am canceling my subscription to US magazine (no link on purpose, so as not to promote the cheesy rag) and plan to encourage others to do the same. Bravo!!

1 comment:

Missy Schmidt said...

I apologize for previously posting this with an incorrect last name for Clay Jenkinson. Oops! I was also emailing the Hampton Roads Partnership CEO, Dana Dickens, and combined their names to create Dickenson. Thanks to "anonymous" for correcting me!

-Missy