Sunday, January 20, 2008

Bowfire, a musical bonanza at the Sandler Center


I don't think I've ever been so enthusiastic about a musical performance (that wasn't Aerosmith). Bert and I enjoyed a fantastic ensemble group, Bowfire, at the Virginia Beach Sandler Center tonight.

We'd seen a small portion of the troupe perform at a PBS GM meeting in NYC at Tavern on the Green this summer. So, we were delighted to find them on the schedule at the Sandler this winter.


Bowfire is definitely a "must see" event, employing fiddle and violin, cello, guitar, keyboard and drums, and even an amazing instrument called a Chinese Erhu. They seamlessly mix a wide range of musical styles and even thow in step and tap dancing and a wonderful vocalist. The choreography was breath-taking, leaving me breathless in my seat.


I especially enjoyed their rockin' encore of Led Zeppelin's Kashmir Check out their schedule at http://www.bowfire.com/ and don't miss a show.

No comments: