Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Top 10 TV ads, 2007 (these are my faves!)




#4. Dove: "Onslaught"
Ogilvy & Mather, Toronto

I love the last line: "Talk to your daughter before the beauty industry does." It's 60 seconds of really obsessive "beauty" behavior that, as consumers, we shouldn't allow the beauty industry to shove down our throats. I know it's hard to look away, but we should.





#6. American Express: Tina Fey
Ogilvy & Mather, New York

I love 30 Rock, I love Tina Fey, and I miss her at SNL. She makes us feel as if she's just like one of us, with way too much to do. I'd love to take her out for after-hour cocktails sometime. Tina?





#9. Doritos: "Live the Flavor"
Consumer-created ad

This was the winner of Frito Lay's Super Bowl ad contest. Yeah, I agree; it's a bit slick for "user-generated". But, hey, "geeks" are IN. Guess that's why I love it!





#10. Nationwide Insurance: "Rollin' VIP" (Kevin Federline)
T:M/Irving, Texas

This one is my absolute favorite; unfortunately, I never remember who/what the product is. It's classic celebu-not! Guess it's not really a good ad if I don't remember the product. I think Burger King would have been a better fit (especially better than their "king" with the big papier mache` head).

For all of the Top 10, click HERE.

No comments: