Sunday, August 17, 2008

Inspirations on Visions, Reputations and Getting My Own Way


Some quotes I love and that are very apropo with my current projects...

  • "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney, US cartoonist & movie producer
  • "Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde, Erse dramatist and author
  • "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan, US astronomer and Pulitzer Prize Laureate
I may come from a "Chevrolet" family, but Henry Ford had his act together, hence these favorite quotes:
  • "Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
  • "You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do."
  • "Don't find fault, find a remedy."
The presidents (and their wives) weigh in with some of my favorites:
  • "To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace." - George Washington, first president of the USA
  • "And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It is the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the USA
  • "Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt, wife of president Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd president of the USA
  • "It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it's a depression when you lose yours." - Harry S. Truman, 33rd president of the USA
  • "Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." - John F. Kennedy, 35th president of the USA
And, since I have such eclectic tastes, I had to include these from French monarch, Napoleon:
  • "Imagination governs the world."
  • "If you want a thing done well, do it yourself."


And, last, but not least, from one of my personal heroes, Margaret Thatcher:
  • "I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end."

No comments: