Saturday, October 25, 2008

My High School's 30th Class Reunion

Recently attended my high school class reunion. Central High School, that is. Home of the "Fighting Falcons," although I was never sure what we were fighting about.

30 years. wow! Attendance was fairly poor. My guess is that with everyone's busy lives, taking a weekend in the fall to re-visit people you may not have seen (nor really care to see) in 5, 10, 15, even 30 years is not a high priority. My family still lives in town, so I had a dual purpose from my trip.


As you can tell from my hometown's webpage banner, Shenandoah County is fairly rural. I was born and raised in the county seat, Woodstock. Attended K-12 there, although Kindergarten at that time was called "Head Start" and not everyone was able to go.

I was so busy talking that I forgot to take pictures. Luckily, Bert accompanied me (poor guy) and took a few group shots. After a bunch of them, no one was looking in the same direction at the same time nor with their eyes open. So photography was not a strong point of the reunion. I'm hoping someone else took some decent pics.


Here's a close-up from one of the group shots. That's me and Jeff; he's making me laugh as usual. Jeff is my friend who lived in Japan for many years. I visited him, and his now wife Hee, in Japan right before he moved back to the States.


Good times. But, as the saying goes: you can't go home again. I like where we are now:

1 comment:

David said...

Your post makes me homesick for Virginia!

If you're interested in 20th anniverary reunion drama,
check out the new season of HIGH SCHOOL REUNION coming in January to TV Land Prime.

This ends the shameless plug section of the comment.
Thanks!