Monday, September 22, 2008

Do you have Great PR Manners?

I saw this great PR email request posted recently and had to share. Fill in the blanks with your name, company name, location, prospect's name and see if it works!

Oh, so simple and yet SO effective!


TO: _______________

Good evening, my name is _________ with _______ (PR/AD agency) in City, State______. We recently created a social media department, and are working with a client who specializes in the creation of social networking platforms. I know they have very specific announcements coming up, and I was wondering if you even like to receive these types of announcements (e-learning, online collaboration, marketing, social networking, corporate training.) The last thing I would want to do is just start blindly sending press releases or other correspondence your way, without even an introduction email asking you if you would even be interested in receiving these type of announcements.

I know you must get countless email a day regarding this type of thing, so I wanted to at least send you an email introducing myself and gauge your interest level. I’ll be in touch, thank you for your time.

All my best-
______________
Company Name________________

No comments: