Thursday, September 25, 2008

Marketing Tactics with an Eye on Strategy

On my list of "things to do", key marketing tactics for success:

  • Marketing Plan, keep it simple, listing purpose in marketing, key benefits, target audiences, marketing weapons, niche (value proposition), and identity.

  • Marketing Calendar, for the next 12 months, including media, metric to measure and results.

  • My "Name" or "Brand", something easy to spell, pronounce, remember, believe in and share.

  • Value Proposition (niche), what makes me special, what do I stand for, what makes me different, what can I "own".

  • Key Benefits, a simple list of all the benefits offered.

  • Research, References, Referrals, what people say about me, what I've done in the past that shows my successes.

  • Friendly Guerrillas, designate several friends, viral and otherwise, to share my brand.

  • Competitive Advantages, listing why someone should come to me if I offer some of the same benefits as others.

  • Networking, online and off.

  • Elevator Speech, 30 seconds, 75 words (preferably less) that I use to into myself and makes others want to know more.

  • Contacts Database, customers, prospects, suspects (prospective prospects) and friends.

  • Vision, Values-define who I am by what my customers want me to be.

  • Email Program, for higher response rates than USPS mail, less intrusive, eco-friendly, easy to "pay it forward".

  • Money Back Guarantee, 'cuz I believe in me.

  • Follow-up, follow-up, follow-up! On average 70% of business is lost is not due to poor service or bad quality, but because of apathy and lack of follow-up.

  • It's All About the FREE! Start offering a free one-hour consultation to prove my expertise.

  • Speaking at professional and trade organizational meetings, and for free (see above).


No comments: